Thursday, May 9, 2013

Grey Holos






My original plan was a silver/grey/black ombre mani, but two of the polishes were too similar and the rest was too diverging. So it's just no ombre, just a collection of five holo polishes ;-)













My thumb shows one (yes, only one) coat of a England Bridal Veil (The Legend Collection), a black scattered holo.















 On my index finger I used Color Club Beyond (Halo Hues 2013 Collection), a charcoal linear holo. The pictures show two coats.
















On my middle finger I used four coats of Hits Zeus (No Olimpo Collection), a sheer black/charcoal linear holo. It's so sheer even four coats didn't make it full opaque. Zeus is pretty similar to Color Club Beyond, but the holo effect is not as obvious.
















My ring finger shows two coats of a England Ascalon, a medium grey holo with a lilac shimmer I was absolutely unable to capture. You just have to believe me it's there ;-)















And finally, on my pinkie finger, I added two coats of Color Club Harp On It (Halo Hues 2012), a classic silver holo.












Appliction was easy on all five of the polishes (OK, Zeus wasn't too much fun because of the sheerness), I used a normal basecoat (Essence Protecting Basecoat) and topcoat (Essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Sealer), the topcoat didn't dull the holo effect.







a England polishes are available at various places, you'll find a complete list of retailers here.

The easiest way to get Hits polishes is Llarowe


6 comments:

  1. Ui, das gefällt mir - mit holo kriegt man mich ja immer ^_^
    Schade, dass die skittle Mani nicht richtig geklappt hat, aber so haben wir wenigstens einen tollen Vergleich! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vergleichsposts kann man ja immer brauchen :-)

      Delete
  2. Sooo toll *_* Holo und Ombre/Gradiant (ich kann es nicht unterscheiden :D) ist toll.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...