Friday, June 14, 2013

Elle





Some neutral glitter for today: KBShimmer Elle.










"The circus, full of fun, color, and a wonder for people of all ages. Lions, tigers, and elephants! Elle is our nail polish elephant. A pale grey  jelly color, we added several pink glitters, white and grey glitters for a polish that soft and beautiful."
(Source: KBShimmer)

The grey jelly base is very sheer, I used three coats for this squishy look. Application was easy, no fishing or placing of glitters needed. Elle dried pretty smoothly, so I added only one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri.













Then I matted this mani with Essence Soft Touch Topcoat to make it even more demure, as I wore it to a congress for work.







KBShimmer polishes are sold on their website (US only) and at Harlow & Co.


 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Haha, seeing the photo of Elle in my Blogstream my first thought was, hmmm I bet this had to be corporate appropriate - I got used to your rather sparkly and exiting nails ;-) b.t.w. I more often than not don't seem to be able to open a comment field here so my lack of comments is also due to some application mysteries ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, I hardly ever wear shades like this one if I don't have a meeting ;-)

      Are you visiting my blog with your cell phone? I sometimes have troubles with the comment box on other blogs in the mobile version. It usually helps if I change to the web version.

      Delete
  2. I like it more matte - the shiny version is too much glitter for me somehow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer it matte, too. The shiny version builds such a contrast between the calm colors and the bling-bling shiny-ness. Sometimes I like contrasts, but here I prefer a calm finish with my calm colors.

      Delete
  3. This is a pretty polish...I was eyeing it earlier and your lovely photos are a wonderful representation. :) Now I just need to decide whether or not I need it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're reasonable enough to decide by means of need? How exemplary! I always try to stop buying every polish I like and buy only polishes that are different enough from what I already have, but it doesn't work always. In fact, hardly ever...

      Delete
  4. I love this polish. It's one of my favorite indies. I just adore the pink and grey combination.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...