Thursday, June 27, 2013

My Tardis is So Cool!






The Doctor is on my blog today! Ok, he isn't but at least a Doctor Who themed mani is ;-)





My base color for this mani is P2 So Cool!, a royal blue shimmer. Formula was good, not too thick and not too thin, I used two coats for opacity.





On top of So Cool! I layered one coat of Digital Nails My Other Car Is A TARDIS. "This polish is inspired by the Doctor's magnificent blue box, the impossibly amazing TARDIS. It is 15ml of rich blue jelly base with royal blue hex glitter, deep ocean blue micro glitter, and holographic deep and oceanic blue small hex glitters."
(Source: Digital Nails) 




The royal blue jelly base looks like blue syrup and is a little thin for my liking, as I prefer thicker bases to my glitters. The bigger hexes look a little curled in my pictures, but I didn't feel any curling, so I'd say it's just reflective curling. I finished with one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri for a smooth finish.













Digital Nails polishes are available on Etsy.


12 comments:

  1. To put it short and sweet: I am floored - absolutely beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! This is my favorite blue hue . :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Tardis-blue is always the perfect blue, at least for a Whovian like me ;-)

      Delete
  3. Ich finds schade, dass solche Lacke fast immer noch einen Unterlack benötigen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich denke, es ist sehr schwierig, die richtige Mittellösung zu finden zwischen "deckend genug zum alleine tragen" und "durchsichtig genug, damit man die Glitzerteile auch gut sieht".

      Delete
  4. Einen Dr Who Fan UND Nagellackspizialisten in einem? XD Wo gibts denn sowas??
    Find die Kombination richtig Klasse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank! Ganz spontan kommen mir mindestens vier Indie-Hersteller in den Sinn, die einen Doctor Who Lack oder eine ganze Kollektion im Sortiment haben oder zumindest mal hatten, und wenn ich etwas länger nachdenke, sind es sicher nochmal so viel. :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...