Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Minuit





Gold and red are the classic Christmas colors, so I have a gold and red mani to show you for today's Christmas Eve.





I used Dior Minuit of this year's Christmas Collection. Minuit has a deep blood red base filled with lots of gold and red flakies. In low light, the polish has a hint of purple in it. While I absolutely love the color, I wasn't really happy with application. The formula is not too bad, just a little too sheer for such a dark color, I needed three coats for opacity. But the brush handle is a pain to use. This golden knob isn't really easy to hold, so the brush was hard to control.







The square gold studs I used are part of a nail art set from Born Pretty Store. I used a drop of clear polish to place them and secured the whole mani with one generous coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top. The studs stayed securely on the nails for two days, but then some of them fell off. I removed the mani after three days, and Minuit still looked pretty good, apart from some slight tipwear.













I wish you all a Merry Christmas, I hope you will be able to spend the holidays with friends and family, like I do.


6 comments:

  1. Ooooh, der Lack ist ja wunderschön *_* Und tolle Idee mit der goldenen Niete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freut mich, dass dir die Mani gefällt. Wunderschön ist der Lack wirklich, aber um ehrlich zu sein: eigentlich ist er dann doch nicht so viel Wert, wie er gekostet hat...

      Delete
  2. I am usually not too fond of big studs in nail arts, but I actually really like what you did here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first try with studs, so I didn't really know myself how it would turn out ;-)

      Delete
  3. Oh beautiful mani!!! I love the studs!!! I have Minuit too and was disappointed - once more by those Christmas Editions. I agree about the formula and I got a wonky brush (bottle couldn't be replaced as it was sold out) and I find the cap a pain to hold too - hopefully I learned my lesson NOW!!! Still it looks elegant and classy on you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the first really expenlsive polish I bought, but actually, people like us who own an endless amount of polish won't be wearing expensive polish more often than cheap one. Why should we spend an amount on one bottle of polish that could get us four, which we would wear four times as often (as they are four different ones, obviously). But, as we both know "Dr Hätti u dr Wetti si Brüeder gsi...", so I'm not quite sure about learning the lesson...

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...