Monday, March 31, 2014

Ice Rather Be With Blue





Another "boyfriend mani" for today. This time, he chose two KBShimmer polishes.





My base color is I'd Rather Be With Blue (Blogger Collaboration Winter 2013 Collection, created by Cosmetic Sanctuary), a light blue with silvery white flakes. I'd rather be with blue dries to a satin matte finish. Three thin coats provided opacity, no issues to report.











Then I added one coat of I Only Have Ice For You (Blogger Collaboration Winter 2013 Collection, created by Chalkboard Nails), a clear base with silver holographic hexes in two sizes plus white flakes.




At first I planned a glitter gradient, but after two nails I realised the base color was too light to really show the gradient. So I ended up using I Only Have Ice For You over my complete nails. It didn't dry gritty at all, so one coat of Rica Glossy Glam was enough for a completely smooth finish.













KBShimmer polishes are sold on their website (US only) and at Harlow & Co. The Blogger Collaboration Collection seems to be partly discontinued, I couldn't find these two shades anymore.

8 comments:

  1. dein liebster hat echt geschmack, er sucht immer perfekt passende lacke aus! tolle kombi, dieses hellblau mit den mini flecks ist ein traum!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, er hat echt ein gutes Auge für Farben. Er schämt sich auch nicht, diese eher "weibliche" Seite auszuleben (aber die Nägel lackiert er sich nicht) ;-)

      Delete
  2. the blue polishes so pretty. thanks for capturing in such detailed :)


    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your nice words, I'm so happy you like my pictures :-)

      Delete
  3. Eine sehr schöne Kombination. Daumen hoch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank, freut mich, dass es dir gefällt :-)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful - I just love those lighter yet vibrant and intense Blues and that delicate holo icing is just perfect to let the blue do its job <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. It's pretty winter-y, but then, I was wearing it in february ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...