Friday, October 6, 2017

Nail Crazies Unite: Sugar Skulls









This week's challenge theme is Sugar Skulls. These are absolutely on a thing here in Switzerland, so I only know sugar skulls from the internet. Did I nail it? I don't know, but I tried, and it's the thought that counts, right?





On my thumb, index and pinkie finger, I used three coats of aEngland Order Of The Garter, a blue shimmer. This one's way too sheer for my liking, it was still quite translucent after the three coats, as you can see best on my pinkie. Lovely color, but the first aEngland polish I'm disappointed by.

For the stamping I used Bundle Monster plate BM-413 an MoYou London White Knight, over a base of MoYou London Black Knight. For the eyes I used P2 So Cool! and a dotting tool. As usual, I added one coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top.











aEngland polishes are available at various places, you'll find a complete list of retailers here.



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! While I really love the color, I probably won't keep the polish, as I'm quite unhappy with the formula... :-(

      Delete
  2. the blue is so vibrant, such a pitty it was so sheer! Your skulls came out great, and to my knowledge, sugar skulls are only "a thing" in Mexico or Mexican culture, so in USA as there are so many Mexican inmigrants... I grew up in latin america and we had el día de los muertos, but not such sugar skulls or anything of the sort!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and the info, Nati! I knew the sugar skulls came from Mexico, but I didn't know it was a Mexican-only thing. Learn something new every day ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...